CC will not save revised File

I have a file that took a bit longer than I had time for so I stopped it at the end of a tool path. When I finally got back to it I disabled the tool paths that had already cut, saved the file, and proceeded to run it all fat dumb, and happy (FDH). The CM preview did not look right but I continued anyway. (FDH) It started to cut the file as if I was starting all over from the beginning.
No problem, I had this happen before, in CC I saved it as a new file name and loaded it again, and it worked. This time @#$%^ . Converted to .NC and opened in NCViewer, showed the same issue, full file.

Reboot the computer, reboot CC, and reboot CM. All several times.
CC 768
CM 635

Is this a bug or is my laptop ready to puke?

KE3.nc (654.3 KB)
KE3.c2d (720 KB)

The …nc file you attached has only the last 3 toolpaths. It lists the disabled paths but there is no output.
The file is 655 kb. With all the paths it’s almost 3mb.

(Move to safe Z to avoid workholding)
G53G0Z-0.197
(Toolpath: Pocket K.E)
(Toolpath: Pocket Clean up K.E)
(Toolpath: Pocket Zemanek)
(Toolpath: Pocket Clean up Zemanek)
(Toolpath: Pocket Heart)
(Pocket Heart - Pocket)
M05
(TOOL/MILL,0.125, 0.000, 0.500, 0.00)
M6T10
M03S17000
(PREPOSITION FOR RAPID PLUNGE)
G0X9.6561Y4.2812
Z0.1250
1 Like

Still wondering why CC would not save the file. Any ideas?

There is not enough detail in the original post to reproduce with certainty the steps taken that might have caused a file (.c2d or .nc?) to not save (from CC or CM?).

CC (757) can save .c2d files by “Save”, “Save As”, or “Save As V6”, and it can save toolpaths “in this file”, “to a new c2d file”, or “save as G-code (Pro only)”.

CM can load and run .c2d files or .nc files and it can save .nc files from loaded .cd2 files.

The original post needs clarified taking the above into consideration. A step by step flow which would reproduce the unsaved file (.c2d or .nc from CC or .nc from CM?) might yield answers.

Note that if one is only using Carbide 3D machines and CC/CM, .nc files are not necessary.

Cheers.

1 Like

I found my issue, dang if I didn’t fudged up.

On one of my paths for the Hearts, I had selected the border also. As soon as I cleaned it up,WOW it worked.
So FDH me will slink into the sunset.

I converted to .NC just to see if the issue followed.

One of the things I have learned and passed along, The machine will only do what you tell it to do. It was doing just that.