Changing default tool in Carbide Create

Is there a way to change the default end mill chosen by Carbide Create (free version)? I have a selection of end mills, all suitable for the Nomad 3, but, every time I start Carbide Create and go to create the tool paths, it defaults to the Carbide 102 1/8" end mill instead of the one I want to use. I know I can change it, but would like to be able to change the default.

Michael

I would like to know this as well. Advance Vcarve starts with 1/8 end mill 102 but it is for the aluminum material which has a slower feed. I have to change it every time.

Just bumping this to see if an answer will be forthcoming.

Pretty sure the answer is, “No”. The default tool, I believe is the first tool that shows up in the imbedded library. It may take into account the machine & material you select in the setup, but the Carbide 102 1/8" end mill looks like the 1st tool in every library. And if you add your own library, it appends it to the end.

Perhaps a change request to use the first tool in custom library, if one exists, as the default tool. :wink:

Or perhaps remember the last selected tool?

It should do this for a given session — if not, let us know a sequence of steps where it doesn’t and we’ll look into it.

It does remember the tool during a session, but I would really like to be able to specify a default of my choosing.
Michael

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.