ChatGPT Coloring Book Hero

When I went to ChatGPT today (I have the paid version), I saw they had a new version/app in there called “Coloring Book Hero” that will generate a coloring book page based on a prompt. I entered “Ford F-150” and got this in about a minute:

Which I loaded into Carbide Create to trace, which gave me:

With a quick Advanced V-carve I got:

Not bad for 2-3 minutes and zero effort.

For fun, I went back and added the prompt, “Can you make it more realistic in proportion and black and white only, without shading?” Another minute and I got this:

I’m impressed. I suspect 5 minutes of editing and cleanup, and you’ve got a solid project.

16 Likes

Funny. I was just watching the video from @45rpm about midjourney and was thinking it may have saved me time on the last design I did. This looks to be the same thing.

1 Like

I find this really intriguing. Will have to look into this. Thanks for sharing Rob!

I wonder if you could get it to output a .svg format from the start and avoid the need to trace the image.

Nope, it’s image-output only.

We need a plug in to go straight to tool paths and the simulation view :joy:

1 Like

You jest but typing some words in to Create and it proposing a toolpath to review would save a lot of leg work and be one heck of a USP.

Believe me, the thought occurred to me too.

That’s pretty impressive! The big problem I kept running into with Midjourney is it wanted to shade or gradient everything. This looks a bit more like a nice flat coloring book image, which is so much easier to trace. It’s just kind of crazy what these new AI tools can do. Given that vector (SVG) is basically math, I can’t believe that it will be too long before someone does it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.