Christmas House

In the process of making a Christmas house I designed. The most difficult thing so far was getting the sizing right for the inset window frames…I wanted a snug fit so it was a bit of trial and error! pic of work in progress…

Those are the sides and back pieces, the front has just finished cutting…

11 Likes

These are really nice. Are you open to sharing the files? I’d cut them out for my kids to paint as gifts.

Very precise cuts, they look fantastic!

I might, not sure yet! I need to make the rest of it, to check it works first. The theory is that it has a tiled roof and two dormer windows…lol, we shall see how well my brain copes with the 3D bit! Then I’m planning on some decor bits, some trees, maybe a reindeer…If you notice, the back has a mouse hole for lights to go under it. I’m thinking of doing room dividers too with those being papered…

Thank you! Very nice to get some feed back here!

They look good!

You could also try milling a brick pattern into them. If you do it after painting them red, you could even get the cement look in between the bricks.

1 Like

I was thinking of that but not sure I want to have the brick look. I’ve done a tiled design for milling on the roof but I’ve not decided on the colour scheme or if it’s going to be snow covered anyway…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.