Christmas Present in Progress

I made this for my grandson’s girl. Waiting for shellac to dry. Jeep black, letters black except for red Anywhere.

It is 8x10. Used advanced vcarve with #112 and #302.

7 Likes

I like that! Great idea!

I cannot take credit for the idea, I found a similar line drawing on google but I did change it for my purpose.

Here is an update. Still some touch up to do and put finish on and hangers.

5 Likes

Cool, here is another idea for you to try.

6 Likes

Seems like a few jeep fans. Have any Dodge/Jeep fans experienced the death wobble?

Dodge/Jeep have a condition where there is extreme vibration in the steering wheel and the whole vehicle shakes rattles and rolls but not in a good way. The condition does not stop until you come to a complete stop. It is caused by an uncontrolled ossicalation in the front suspension. I also understand late my model Ford 250/350 trucks can have it as well.

Once you experience the death wobble you never forget it. Things with death in the title are usually very rememberable.

Your Jeep key hangers are cool.

2 Likes

Closest thing to a death wobble for me was pulling an improperly loaded trailer with an F250. In town it was fine but once I merged onto the highway the whole setup started fish tailing at 65 MPH. I never let my coworker load the bobcat unsupervised again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mW_gzdh6to&ab_channel=BusinessInsider

I tell my friends SUV really stands for Suddenly Upside Down Vehicle

1 Like

I had the death wobble on a 1994 Jeep Cherokee I had. I went over a bridge expansion joint on a major highway at about 65 mph and it sent me from the left lane to the shoulder very quick. It was as if someone was violently shaking the steering wheel. Luckily I got stopped in time and after going over the front end I found a broken sway bar end link and a worn out steering stabilizer shock. I replaced those and all was well for the next 3 years and then I sold it. To be fair, it had about 250k miles on when this incident occurred.

1 Like

100%! I had a 1999 Dodge Ram 2500, had a lift on it, and had the death wobble between 45 and 55 MPH. Any less and it was fine, any more and it was fine.

The first time I experienced it, I didn’t get out of that range and it caused the wheel studs on the passenger side front wheel to sheer off @ 45 mph causing my wheel and tire to fall off.

I still have some form of PTSD anytime I feel a car wobble haha

1 Like

I thought I would try another jeep themed wall hanging. The pics are with no cleanup. Unfortunately the glue cracked during carving. This wood was purchased on Craigslist ad that was from a factory that made church furniture. Many boards were glued up and I milled down for various projects.

The work was fun and I used advanced vcarve.

Now I wonder that the pusher gave me a free sample and I am hooked, how much the Pro option will be?

3 Likes