Christmas Sled Design

With your sled in front of the fire place reminded me that 2 years ago we had Snowmegadeon here in Texas. My daughter and grandson in Houston both have fire places. With the power outages they were having to burn misc pieces of wood to stay warm. In Houston it does not get cold very often and most fire places are just for show so most people only have enough firewood to make an occasional fire.

Dont let your sled catch fire sitting there.

It is a fake one in my entertainment center. It 9nly produces heat if I flip the switch. Thanks though!

1 Like

Looks good. You decided not to use the other two smaller slats?

The size didn’t seem like it fit anyplace? They are taller than the outside ones, and very thin as well

It still looks good even without the extra slats. Guess you could shorten them up a bit so they match the curve of the other ones. That’s called artistic license. Mine was just a first pass so there’s always room for improvement.

Sounds great. I am gonna cut another in a bit. First thing I think is switch them to cut outside instead of inside to make them a bit bigger, see how I like that. Thanks for the head start !

Or make the two outside ones you used a little wider. Let me know what you end up with. I thought a painted one would be nice also. Do the base green and the slats and crossbar red.

Sometimes i go to the Home Depot or Lowes, or Menards and buy their picket fence slats. Their 6 foot cedar, rough cut and come in 4 or 6 inch widths. Only a dollar something, pretty cheap.

Here’s a link to some other things I have done

Holiday

Wood Working

House & Home

Sports

Special

Wedding

2 Likes

Very nice, I use the pickets some too. I have some scraps I can use laying around

I agree with you. I like this better. Removed the two smaller slats and make the other two wider.

2 Likes

I’ve seen sleds similar to this made from one board with milling the slots to make it look like 3 pieces. Also that sled had runners and a movable front guide piece with rope threaded through it. It had a Merry Christmas milled in a very fancy font and the date, plus some winter design. This was made in a small size, maybe 2 ft. at most and was made to hang outside or to be used for a food dish on the table.

This is my dollar store deco finished project.

1 Like

Looks good. You spiced it up a bit

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.