Cleaning/lubing underneath the Nomad

Routine maintenance day and I seem to recall discussing this a few years ago but maybe its time for a check-in to see if anyone has something clever.

How do you clean under your Nomad and lubricate the linear rods?

I am still just propping it up and using the shop vac but maybe someone has done something clever? The following has occurred to me (but I have yet to do anything about it)

A) make a chip tray to slide underneath
B) get more elaborate and make a stand with a ‘chip drawer’
C) make a narrow hose attachment for my shop vac to feed into the slots above
D) some sort of flex hose oil can to apply superlube lubricant through the slots onto the linear rods

Meanwhile - the view is like this:

2 Likes

I just picked mine up from one side or the other when doing maintenance.

I considered putting a sheet of cardboard underneath it, but it was just as easy to just vacuum underneath.

When I had to lubricate, I used blocks much as you show to hold it up while applying the oil.

1 Like

I have also thought about A, B and C but do as you do now

1 Like

Since the slots in the aluminium-coated plastic board only tends drop spoils onto the rails, I decided the cover had limited utility and so made some changes to allow ready access to all parts.

1 Like

I remove the cables and tilt it over to the right onto a block of wood. Works well if space allows and you rest the machine on a non-slip rubber cushion.

1 Like

I like this, but where will you leave your spanners, bit boxes…:grin:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.