CM Beta 622 - not respecting z home/offset after tool change

Shapeoko 4 XXL
Bitrunner Deluxe
Bitzero V2 (not used in this carve, but connected and set up in CM)

Workpiece was a serving tray with sides approximately 1.65 in tall.
I had a carve set up to first do a rouging pass then v carve the perimeters, using Carveco Maker.
Z Home set to 2.5 in, Z Safe set to 0.25 in. Origin at center of workpiece.

The gcode simulation shows both tools starting at their respective z height and moving down to the workpiece surface appropriately. The roughing tool does exactly that and works properly. Tool change is recognized and moves to Bitrunner after tool is changed. The tool does not move back up to the proper height after and proceeds to run through the high sides of the workpiece instead of x-0,y-0,z-2.5 as expected. It does moved down to z-0 after, so it remembers z, but does not respect the z-2.5 move for the second tool.

Is this initial z-height expected to be retained after tool change or is it not readable from the gcode? I see a second G54 command after tool change that sets the offset to the z safe (0.635mm), but this occurs after the tool change command. So should there not be respect for the initial offset? I am new to cnc gcode coming over from 3d printing, so perhaps I am not understanding the full use of that command.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I am using the Carbide3D Shapeoko post-processor available in Carveco. Is this a failure of the post-processor to reset the z coordinate properly? Happy to provide the gcode or appropriate segments of said gcode.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.