CM Gamepad controller help

I bought a Nintendo NES wireless gamepad controller for my Windows tablet. In Control Panel it shows up as a Controller and I can use the test functionality there to very that the arrow keys work and each button triggers a button.

I am running the latest version of Carbide Motion (release just recently).

I do not see a message in CM saying “Gamepad enabled” so I assume that it doesn’t recognize the gamepad controller.

I tried quitting CM and restarting it with the controller connected and it still doesn’t recognize it.

Is there anything else I can to make that work or do I have to look at keyboard remapping hacks to make it do something?

If it’s a gamepad which doesn’t have joysticks and doesn’t register as a game controller w/ joysticks, my understanding is that you will need to run keyboard mapping software — I documented doing this here:

Ah, it needs to be a joystick to be recognized? It would be nice if this was documented (along with how to use a gamepad controller at all)…

Sounds like I have to go with the keyboard mapping route then. Thanks for the reply!

AFAIK, the only game controller which we test w/ is the Logitech F310:

I use a wired xbox controller with mine. It’s a third party controller, but it works.

I ended up using AntiMicroX (a newer version of the package) and it works well enough with the NES controller. It doesn’t work very well for fast movements (holding a key down repeats for a little bit and then stops) but for single step movements works quite well and that ends up being good enough for me.

Thanks for the pointer.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.