In addition to being a full time IT professional, and woodworking hobbiest, and dad of 3 amazing kiddos, I also have another obsession with mechanical keyboards. If you have never typed on a mechanical keyboard, dump your keyboard and get one right now - it is life changing. So this hobby led me down a rabbit hole which turned into a small business selling Mechanical Keyboard creations and accessories. I saw an opportunity for a perfect crossover between my two hobbies and the result is the Techkeys SixKeyBoard CNC Edition.
This handheld controller has some pretty nifty features:
- Plug and Play USB - behaves like a standard keyboard
- Anodized Aluminum Case
- Cherry MX Compatible tactile and clicky Blue Switches. Click clearly defines a key press unlike a common keyboard or gamepad.
- USB Cable routed from bottom of device to reduce interference with CNC
- Allows operator to get extremely close to bit, and operate with one hand for precision jogging or zeroing operations.
- Programmable through visual programming tool EasyAVR.
My primary objective is to share the hard work that I have poured into this project, but if you would like to support me by purchasing one it would be much appreciated. I realize there are a lot of options for jogging devices (game controller, mini-keyboards, tablets and mounted PCs) but I would argue that nothing beats a tactile clicky switch you can hold in one hand and does not require you to look at to control.
I welcome all questions and feedback, and will leave you with this video giving a quick demo and adorable sales pitch!