Cnc bits question

I’m not sure what to consider these bits or how to add them into my tool library. Can’t seem to find a file or any info online please help

Genmitsu 4pcs 2-Flute Tapered Ball Nose Spiral End Mill, Nano Blue Coating Tungsten Carbide CNC Router Bits, 2D And 3D Engraving Carving Woodworking Bits, R0.25-1.0, 1/4’’ Shank, TB04B https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08M5XNK1Y/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_RSSDFMNM665W014KXRKA?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Carbide Create does not support tapered endmills, so the short answer would be “you can’t”. However, it depends on what you plan on doing with them. If you want to use them for a finishing pass of a 3D carve, you can declare them as ballnose endmils, with a declared diameter equal to the diameter of the tip of those tapered endmills, and it will work just fine (I used this approach in this project, for example, declaring my tapered endmill as a 1/32" ballnose in CC)

1 Like

As Julien said you can use them as long as the tapered portion does not touch parts that are higher on the project.

1 Like

I’d probably enter them as a ball mill with the expectation that everything above the final cutting depth will end up with a small draft angle. (Which might be a nice effect)

2 Likes

Okay sweet, so if I just set the depth down to maybe like a .05 or .10, that shound be okay. I’m not after perfection, it’s just a set of coasters lol. What should I set the size to do yall think? 1/16 - 1/8?

It depends on which of those four endmills you referenced you will be using.
They seem to have a nose radius of 0.25, 0.5, 0.75 or 1.0mm. Double the value of the one you use, and that should be a decent value for the diameter of the equivalent ballnose endmill

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.