CNC Cutting Origin

I have tried setting my drawings at 3 different origin points and setting my 0,0,0 in 3 different corners on the machine, but no matter what I do, I cannot figure out where it will be locaing my origin on the wood. What am I doing wrong?

Please post your .c2d file, generated G-Code, and step-by-step notes on how you are securing your stock and setting the zero relative to it.

Will will look at your gcode. I do not know your experience so here is what I think you might be missing. You set the origin in the Carbide Create. When you place your material on the spoil board then you set your origin to correspond to the drawing. So if you set the lower left origin in Carbide Create after you get your material set then jog or use the touch probe on the lower left corner of the material. The origin of 0 is relative to where you place the material and set the zero in jogging and/or probing. If you set the origin on the spoil board and then place the material you will never get the 0 set right. Hopefully I am clear. Set origin in Carbide Create, make your tool paths, set your material and clamp it, then jog the router to the origin you set in CC and set your zero with the paper method and/or touch probe using your actual material.

2 Likes

Also, let say in the software you set the job is 12x12, but the actual board your using is 13x15. Draw a 12x12 on the board, and if you picked center, ZERO on the center of drawing. If you picked lower left, pick the lower left of your drawing, not the actual board corner, unless that is also your drawing corner

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.