CNC electric guitar help

Hello to anyone reading this,

I am currently in the process of making an electric guitar for the first time for a school project.(I need to make two, one for someone else and one for me) I’ve been doing lots of research into what to do, and programs to use. But I was just after some advice from others that have experience.

I am wanting to make a Stratocaster (for the other person) and a telecaster for myself.

The plan is to use fusion 360, and find a design that is already made.

I saw this one in a previous topic and would like to make something similar (for the other person)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I have no idea what I’m doing.

Thanks,

• Conrad

Here’s a great thread for you.

I’m sure @Griff will share any knowledge he gained.

4 Likes

After a bit of stumbling about on the design side I came upon the Fusion360 Luthiers Group on Facebook. One of the mods, Jeffery Anderson, put together a plug-in for Fusion called Guitar Engine.

Makes it extremely easy to design and customize every aspect of a guitar. Then YT videos from Audiohotshot and Highline Guitars.

With just these three references you’ll be rockin’ a guitar design and CNC cut files in no time.

One of my first designs:

5 Likes

Thank you so much for that! I’ve just downloaded Fusion360 and will start designing soon!

How many tries did it take to CNC cut successful?

I cut two practice bodies, three practice necks and 3 practice fret boards.

Un-finished final pics.

Hopefully you have CAD experience? F360 has a pretty steep learning curve for newbies.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.