CNC pieces at edge?

Hey everyone! What’s the best way to clamp a large piece like this to the table that goes to the edges, making Teez Nuts clamps hard to use

For sheet goods, I usually use a combination of blue painter’s tape and cyanoacrylate glue and clamps where possible, and if there are through holes, securing things with hardware thus.

4 Likes

Recently I had a large piece on my SO3. I have used hot glue on tenons for wood turning on my lathe. Since the piece was too close to the edge to get a clamp I used the hot glue. Worked and was easy to remove. You just paint on some denatured aclohol and wait a few minutes and it comes right off. I did have room to put some clamps on the back.

3 Likes

If you line those small slots up with a T-track, you can cut 2 of the slots first, then clamp it through the slots. Or any other area that is going to be cut out, align a hole over the T-track & clamp there. Just cut that feature out last.

5 Likes