Connections on the main board Shapeoko 3

Hello All!

Hopefully I am posting this in the correct thread.

I have a Shapeoko 3 that I want to add Bit Zero and Bit Setter, but I am not using Carbide 3d additions. Does anyone know the pinout of the connector on the circuit board?

Thanks,
Kevin

They both connect to the probe input. There’s a ground connection next to it and you can pull 5v from the icsp headers.
Which version of the board do you have?

I have Version 2.4 board. I just need to know what the 3 pins are on the reserve connector that they use for them. I don’t need 5 volts since the touch plate or bit seter just act as switches.

The bitZero and bitSetter both require 5v connections as well.

Isn’t there a probe header on that version?

I am using a different touch plate and bit setter. The connector on the board says reserve.

Isn’t one of these a probe connection?

1 Like

You replied as to help me, as though you knew my dilemma. Now your asking me! No these are not the connevtions. I have discovered that much.

Why would you reply asking me questions and not knowing an answer. Don’t mean to be rude, but think about it.

I thought you could look since you were the one with the dilemma. They’re labeled. I’ll rephrase my question as an answer…One of those is the probe input and is labeled as such. Look between the white and black headers.

1 Like

They are Probe Feed_Hold. i Had seen in a video that they were using the Reserve connector and using a Y circuit board that comes with the Bit Setter.

Are you trying to use the Probe header and the reserved header?
If you have a multimeter, you could find which pins on the reserved header are Probe and Ground. The third will be +5v

3 Likes

A quick search of the forums and this one was one of the first that came up.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.