Controller/VFD Controller Mounting

Does anyone have tips on mounting the main controller and/or VFD controller? I have both the VFD controller and the version 5 controller box. Neither came with mounting hole templates. My cabinet has Melamine sides. I’m thinking about using an extra piece of grained wood for the mounting surface and bolting it to the side. Templates would be very handy.

I did a template at:

Please print at 100% and check against your controller.

Really though, in retrospect I should have just used a piece of paper from some packaging and shaded w/ a pencil.

There was a 3D print for this at:

which you might want to look into.

No VFD here, so someone else will have to chime in on that.

1 Like

That’s a great idea. Unfortunately I don’t have a 3D priinter. This may give another idea to mount. Thanks.

I will check out the template.

If you live in a bigger city look for a makers space. They will help build anything with a 3d printer. If you dont live near one of those makers spaces then there are people on Etsy that will make things for you if you supply the files.

2 Likes

If anyone is in need of a drill template for mounting the VFD Controller, I made this and it worked well. Be sure to check your model for compatibility.
Shapeoko VFD Controller Mounting Template.pdf (279.8 KB)

2 Likes

The simple “hack” is to put tape on the mounting holes, and make a square in this case, poke the holes, then mount the tape and use it as a guide. I have also put screws on the mounts, sometimes making them tight with a wrap of tape, then pressing it into the wall to make divots where the screws are.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.