Converting to z plus - need all hardware and info

Want to convert my 3 basic to z plus. Any options for a conversion kit? Thanks, Roger

Since the Z-Plus is discontinued, you will need for someone whose machine had a Z-Plus, but who has since upgraded to an HDZ and who is willing to sell the leftover parts.

Thanks for the information. Is there a better way for me to solicit the parts and/or instructions I will need?

  • You could change the thread title so it’s more clear that you are searching to buy such a thing
  • You could put the same request out on the Facebook group.
1 Like

I have a pro xxl with the HDZ upgrade. I have the original z axis which was never used. I don’t know if this would work for you. It’s available.

1 Like

I have checked on the upgrade kit component list, and it looks like I will need the x/z + carriage (z-plus) with the tramming plate. If I understand you correctly, you have the original belt drive carriage available? If this is the case it would not work for me. If you do have the z plus carriage, we need to visit further. Thanks for responding to my text.

Correct. The SO4/Pro HDZ upgrade bolts to a carrier plate, for the SO3 the Z-Plus and HDZ are stand-alone units.

It might be possible to bolt the new Z-Plus to an SO3 belt-drive plate, but it’d be a lot of work and would then be quite non-standard/unsupported and at that point, the effort would get into HDZ valuation territory, so just get that?