Couldn’t Wait Any Longer (Sweepy Woes)

So I finally did it. I woke up yesterday and decided I could no longer wait for the Sweepy to be back in stock.

So I made a temporary dust boot. All with scraps, hardware that I’ve had in the shop and a piece of nylon brush left over from our new garage door.

This is the result.

I hope this will tie me over till the Sweepy is available!
Now to work on some Vic house management.

9 Likes

:+1:
Be careful, making a plywood dust shoe is known as one of the early symptoms of “custom dust shoe addiction”, which leads to “endless quest for the perfect dust shoe”, which will consume many hours of your life. You have been warned ! :upside_down_face:

10 Likes

Already working on version 2.0 in my head. This next version will have magnets, 3D printed parts, and epoxy river edge finish. LOL

7 Likes

Well, the Sweepy came back in stock!! I ordered it and am waiting for it to get here!

This DIY dust boot works well and has made a big difference in how much I have to clean the work area before placing the new work piece down. It also keeps that fine dust out of the air.

I doesn’t do well getting sawdust out of the kerf areas, so I’m hoping Sweepy will do a better job of that.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.