Country Flag - Canadian

I was hoping someone could contact me about how this process is done:

I can do the flag itself. Its the wave that im uncertain of. I have CCPro and patience. Its super cool!!
Thanks for the help

2 Likes

Please see:

1 Like

Also for some wavy flag patterns check out Maker Resources – Full Steam Designs by Chris Powell
@ChrisPowell has videos and the grayscale setups for flags!

1 Like

That is a cool flag. I used to work for Eastman Kodak in Rochester NY. I would go there for long training and on the weekend we would go to Canada. In those days you just showed your driver license to get in and out of Canada. Canada is a lovely place with lovely people. I always enjoyed my time in Canada. The only problem we ever had is we took a man from Hong Kong with us. This was pre China ownership and we took 3 hours to get back into the US. They examined that poor man from head to toe and finally said ok you can go. I love Niagara Falls and Toronto. It is just too cold for me to go back to Canada. That made me think of having a Molson.

2 Likes

I’ve not cut one yet, but experimented in a couple minutes in Create. I did it a simple way. Googled “wavy flag grayscale,” picked any of the images and saved it. Then on CC clicked the ‘import image’ under the ‘model’ tab while total flag rectangle was highlighted and choose the wavy flag image I had saved on my desktop.

Then added a component also under ‘’model’ and ‘add shape’ flat to the sides and leaf. I know your design is more complicated. But you can change heights and designs, but maybe this can help.

4 Likes

Ever make it to Kingston Ontario? Lots of military come across the boarder in NY and head to Kingston to the bars. Royal Military College is in Kingston.

I dont think I ever made it to Kingston. However in the 80’s I went to the after hours bars in Toronto. I was in a very crowded bar one night and a big burly biker steped on my foot. He apologized profusely. I was from Houston and if a big leather clad biker steped on your foot they told you not to put your foot under theirs.

The locals were always nice. The one thing was every one took US dollars but gave you change in Canadian dollars and in NY no one took Canadian money.

I have finally had a chance to look at this. my file seems ok but also has issues i believe. Can anyone take a second to look at this please. I’ve never done a 3d project before. i feel i have some tweeking to do here. plenty of lines. Any help would be amazing. Thank you

The 3D model looks good:

But the toolpath preview seems kind of rough:

I would suggest using a series of ball-nosed tools:

at various angles:

(note that for smaller tooling you will need to make sure that the flute length is greater than the height of the vertical features)

Understood. Thank you!
Also, i dont want that boarder around the flag. i try to change the project size and center the flag, but the 3d portion does not change. is there a way to do this?

If you don’t want the border you will need to either not include it in the model, cut it away in the model and toolpaths, or add a 2D toolpath which cuts it away.

1 Like

Thanks again for the assistance. The flag turned out nice.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.