Craft Show Stuff

Getting ready for a craft show in November. Got quite a bit done today. Today I s not over as I am a night bird.

Here is what I got finished today. Watco Natural Oil. Cherry, Oak, Walnut and beech.

9 Likes

Are those painted or epoxy?

Do trays sell well for you? I’ve debated on them, but have been busy with other things.

The trays are just carved. The trinket boxes are all painted except one. These needed to be made and finished quickly.

Here is a small update. As stated earlier I am a night bird and got all my catchall trays and trinket boxes finished. I will let them dry a day or two and touch endgrain as necessary.

There is a minor tram problem as experienced operators can see. I had one more catchall tray to make so I let the #251 do a pass and adjusted the tram right/left on my HDZ. I got it almost perfect because there were .5" worth of passes I just paused after each pass and adjusted the tram. Since these are cheap things for a craft show I am not going back and fix the tram error. In other words it is part of the “design”. The left/right tram is much easier to fix than the front/back tram. You have to shim the router mount and that is a pain to do. The eccentrics on the plate are much easier to move then loosening up the router plate and shimming it.

The upper left quadrant are trinket boxes. They are cut from a single board with the bottom and top side by side so the grain matches. They require a little fine tuning and sanding but are easy to make. I have 3 more of these trinket boxes that are blank and I found my lid MDF template to hold the lid while carving and need to design 3 more and carve them and finish.

1 Like

Working on my Jewelry Boxes, 3 Cherry and 1 Beech. I got 3 of the 4 cut and am working on the 4th design.

Here are the pictures of the 3 already cut.

Moon Dragonfly

Black Epoxy Fill

Cross

Red or black epoxy fill.

Hardly Abelson

I am think that the Harley Davidson in Red epoxy and the skull in black epoxy.

I designed this up of a Jaguar. Not sure so let me know what you think. Also black epoxy fill.

CM says 158 minutes which really means about 4 hours. 1/32" end mill and 15 degree vee bit.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.