Creality Laser Module

Hi all,

new to the forum and shapeoko. Bought a used shapeoko xxl and getting up to speed on how it all works. I come from the 3d printing world (creality machines mostly) and was wondering if folks have been able to install the creality laser module to their shapeoko.

I have the laser already and would love to be able to use it on a larger scale with the shapeoko 3 xxl.

Thanks for the help in advance!

If you can get it mounted to the Z, get the offset numbers between the router bit XY zeros and have software to drive it then it might even work.

I got my laser from JTECH PHOTONICS as a complete kit, but you might just look at their site and adapt a 3D printed bracket like theirs to your laser.

Are you asking if you can use the Creality controller on the Shapeoko? If so that would be a lot of rewiring. If you are asking if you can use the laser on the Shapeoko, then the answer is yes. You would need to attach it to the spindle mount like @CrookedWoodTex suggested and then use something like Lightburn or Vectric’s laser module to design and run g-code.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.