Create own or Import files? For new sign layouts

I have become bored already with carbide library. So is it best to create new files or just import new ones others have created? Some I seen on internet are cool but have my own ideas after being in custom metal sign bizz for 20 plus. Also what is best file to convert For carbide?

I find images of interest online and then use the trace image option in CC a lot.

1 Like

I haven’t got into that yet, just upgraded to pro cpl days ago. Where is the trace option? I have been swamped at word and not had alot of time to explore all pro options.

I make mods for computer games > a few, bit the file tyupe on cnc has thrown me a bit.

Excuse my spelling, fingers are big tnt, LOL

On the main design tab with no vectors selected, the bottom row of icons, I think the middle is the trace image option.

I usually find what I want and then gram it with Snagit and then save as a png that Inload with the trace option.

You could save the file directly instead of snagit but it may take. More cleanup once in CC. Increasing the threshold will give you smoother traces but may lose details. Lower threshold may require more cleanup.

1 Like

Capture

You can load an image such as a .JPG file and trace. Search on the forum, quite a few examples there on how to make it fit what you are looking to do

2 Likes

Def trying this Tmrw then. Just wanting to geta little creative as Things progress. Snagit I have used some. Thank you for the info.

1 Like

Will do, I have yet to spend a full day just learning the software and Carbide, my plan is to do that Sunday. What preloaded files I have used from Library just bore me. Hoping this winter as things slow I actually can learn cnc

Plan on mistakes, beautiful firewood, and some wins along the way.

Just ask when you get stuck.

1 Like

For the tracing feature see:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.