Creating a Text List

Is there any way to create a text list in CarbideCreate, rather than a single line of text?
I am making a plaque displaying a channel lineup, and am hoping I can just make a list instead of entering each text line separately. I need it to be a single-line font (have a few i’m working with).

The plaque will have a single column with about 80 lines of text.
Example:
2 - Comedy Central
4 - A&E
6 - CBS
10 - ABC
22 - History

I’ve tried copying it in as a bitmap file, but even with a single-line font, when converted to bmp the carving doesn’t work.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Have you considered using other design tools (Inkscape, Illustrator, Affinity Designer etc) to create the text, and then convert it to curves and export it to an SVG (rather than a bitmap)?

You can then import that into Carbide Create.

1 Like

Carbide Create only sets one line at a time.

You can create a linear array of 80 lines to get even spacing:

but you would still need to set the text by pasting in one line at a time as one edited each object.

A tool such as InDesign, or even Word would be much better suited for this — export to a PDF, then open that in Inkscape or some other vector editor and convert to paths, then save/export as an SVG and bring into Carbide Create.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.