Cribbage board hole size

I have made a cribbage board but now I want to change all the holes and make them larger. How can I do them all at the same time?

Carbide Create doesn’t have a feature for this directly, but you could work around it by using a drill tool path if you have an endmill of the desired diameter.

Or, export as an SVG and use a vector editor which does have features for this.

Or try Amazon for smaller pegs as I did.

Check out my reply’s to this thread linked below. Someone else was having this issue and you really can’t fix it in Carbide Create but you can export as SVG and import to Inkscape and use it to resize them all at once.

1 Like

If you have the original CC design file, there is a tricky way you could resize all the holes in the final product, without changing the size of the holes in the design.

Create a new tool, identical to the tool you used to create the holes originally, and lie about it’s size. If you say that it is smaller than it really is, then it will overcut the hole. If my mental model of how this works is right, then if you want the holes X bigger, you lie about the size by X amount. For example, if you are using a 3mm bit to make 4mm holes, but you want 4.5mm holes, then lie and say the bit is 2.5mm.

So, take each toolpath you used for making the holes, and change the tool to the new ‘smaller’ one. When run, it will overcut all the holes - mission accomplished!

Edit: This only works if the amount you want to change is less than the diameter of the bit. It’s probably best to use this method only for small corrections (say, < 1/2 the bit diameter).

2 Likes

In Fusion 360…it’s a 5 min task. In CC…it could take you a few hours. As the saying goes…fool me once…shame on you…

If you use CC NEW (BETA) Drilling operation, you just change the tool and leave the CAD part the same.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.