Cut Depth Deeper than programmed

I know it’s frustrating, but I have a feeling this might be solved if you took the time to document EXACTLY what you’re doing to run this job. Don’t do anything without writing it down.
A video might substitute if that’d be easier.

1 Like

As a computer guy, I should know better than to change a bunch of variables and try to figure out the problem. Just wanted to get my job that was due last week out the door!

I’m actually creating a new job to try as we speak, and will do exactly what you suggest. Document versions, exactly what i do, and what the result is, then report back to this awesome community.

One thing I will say is that I’m incredibly grateful for all the helpful feedback and suggestions out here on this forum!

2 Likes

How sure are you that the workpiece isn’t being pulled up away from the wasteboard? That would result in deeper cuts than desired…

1 Like

100% certain. It was held down in four separate locations with a top down clamp. I’ll have to try and tackle this one this weekend with my next job that requires cutting a shape.

Thanks for the suggestions!

yes! I’ve also seen this effect too, but for me it didn’t start after the BitSetter… it started before… I realized my endmills were going deeper than the programmed values, if I design my drawing using inches, but use the controller set in metric… now that I’m setting everything metric, it seems to be aight…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.