Cutting STL models with Carbide Create Pro (nearly-2021 edition)

Just download the regular CC (514 as of now), it’s integrated in there and activated as soon as you enter your key via the “Register” menu

2 Likes

Got it. Unfortunately the key (from Mar) has expired I guess. Will contact support.
Sorry for muddying up the thread!

1 Like

I put a link in the tutorial to get a 1 yr license :wink:

2 Likes

what does this do? and can you use this technique to put an stl on top of a model you have already created that isnt flat?

this specific tutorial allows you to use STLs in carbide create pro, including all the features that that has. I don’t know exactly what you mean, but I’ve used it to do the kind of things in the pictures below…
if you have a more specific description of what you mean/want then there might be other options as well

(if you want to carve a pattern into an STL, that would fit into the Test cuts with the newly installed spindle bucket)

3 Likes

ill check that out, I think that is what I’m looking for. I am mainly looking to carve stl objects onto flags or signs. I have a waving flag i was thinking of adding models too. The “what does that do” was referencing the link you posted https://fenrus75.github.io/FenrusCNCtools/ncopt/ncopt.html

1 Like

I just tried this (trying to help someone out on support)

Load a file and get:

and wait rather a long while…

but even scrolling down to the bottom, not seeing any further interface elements or progress:

I’ll send you the file in a PM.

the file in question was claiming to be an ASCII STL file (by starting with "solid ") but was actually in binary STL format… this did not go very well in the parser after that.
I updated the tool to be a bit more clever about format violations like this.

4 Likes

I just found this tool, and i am having a problem with the orientation of the STL part. i cant get it to orientate in the direction i want it to with only the 4 orientation options.

it’s not to hard to add more; which one do you need ?

(I’ll add whichever is needed but I likely need help testing; e.g. confirmation it works correctly)

1 Like

the one i was missing was the reverse of the side view. though i was able to get it turned around in a different application.

I’m having a issue I in put my width and size on the website but It’s not Calculator the numbers for me. It keeps giving me.a length mismatch code. Can someone please help. Im using the fenrus website

which browser is this?
if it’s chrome, can you try opening the developer tools screen?
also how large (bytes) is the STL file?

It’s edge and I don’t know the bite size I got the STL from a friend

oh it says “rar”… rar is a compression format… you likely need to “unrar” it first so that it is no longer compressed…

1 Like

Okay I guess I’ll goggle how to unrare something never heard of that

7-zip is a free/opensource utility which supports this format:

https://7-zip.org/

Thank you I will down load it now

Hey guys I follow step by step but it looks like a pocket cut out am I doing something wrong

Post the file you are working on?