Dead McGillicutty Board - Aluminum Dust

You think aluminum dust might have killed my McGillicutty Board?

I’m gonna cover that slot in the cover where the wires pass through and hope that solves a big part of this issue.

Blow it out really good and check for areas where the smoke may have leaked out aka Burned areas. that may even fix your problem by just cleaning it up.

Anthony

1 Like

Yep. Vacuumed and used compressed air to blow off and clean everything really well. Replaced the McGillicutty board with a new one. Put everything back together and then covered about 80% of the slot on top of the pc board cover with a piece of kapton to cut back on any dust falling into that area. I’ll take cover off the next time I cut aluminum and see what it looks like. At that point I may cut a port into aluminum cover and 3D print a part to make access much easier.

I know a lot of people cut alum but personally I hate it. It makes a mess and I dont like metal shards laying the shop. Lots of people really like it but I will stick with wood and other madmade materials similar to wood.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.