Death in the Family (#201)

May your 201 and my 278Z meet together in the endmill afterlife.

No casket for mine. Hopefully it’ll be turned back into a new endmill in the recycling center.

4 Likes

do you mind me asking how you broke a 1/4" endmill ? always good to know what not to do :slight_smile:

1 Like

If it was not the case that I have just had a few orders I would make you a magicians saw in half trick box so you could have a piece in either side lol

2 Likes

Yes, I was running a job and universal g-code sender stopped sending (first time that happened), with no error. I fixed the model in Fusion to start halfway and finish it up and hit start in UGS…except I forgot to raise the z height. So it rapided over to the start position, even though there was material in the way. The endmill almost got entirely through though before it snapped.

3 Likes

Have you no feeling or compassion. The heat from his passing is barely cooled and you are talking post mortem. Think of his wife and kids, have you no shame.

But it brings to mind a saying,

When you put your hand in a bucket of water and then remove it the hole your hand made is soon filled in. So will the hole left in your bit rack soon be filled by #201’s replacement. Amen.

4 Likes

Best post ever! This made my day!

3 Likes

Was #201 a veteran? Sounded like a command error was the cause of the little diggers demise. My sympathy to the family. Hope their Memorial Day was an upcutting one.

2 Likes

I hope my funeral isn’t this screwy.

This is by far the best post I’ve seen; thanks for the LOL.

4 Likes

LOL, that’s so funny… Thanks for the laugh.

Just goes to show we all need help . . .

3 Likes

I hate goodbyes… *LOL

1 Like

I think this is one of the funniest posts I have ever seen. Very creative.

3 Likes

Absolutely genius. Certainly brightened my day up.

1 Like

There is a picture of #201 in a casket now VHB taped to my co workers cube. You sir have set a standard.

2 Likes

You missed your calling!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Today whilst prototyping some stuff, I had a little accident. This was a brand spanking 203Z end mill before suffering a homing/probing issue on a non C3D controller. When I pressed GO it changed the work position to the BitSetter then went straight through the steel button at 24000rpm.

6 Likes

Yikes! R.I.P. BitSetter too

1 Like

Can only say whoops and maybe an OUCH!

Was it the CNC xPRO V4 controller?

Nope it was a cheap generic controller cobbled together with external drivers… I’m ripping it off the machine tomorrow!

1 Like

Hope it wasn’t your trial of UCCNC and tool change script :slight_smile:

I wanna see the collateral damage :smiley: /rubbernecking

2 Likes