Design in carbide create pro

Good evening.

I am working on creating some letters when I select the letters one of them is highlighted by a dotted line and the other 2 are solid lines. What does the dotted line represent?

Thank you for the help

If you have multiples, select one, shift select next, now you have two images selected. The last one selected shows dotted line. In my mind it is the last image selected.

So it doesn’t really mean anything?

From my limited knowledge, no. I use it to remind me of what I chose first or last for Boolean. If I am way off someone with more experience will correct me.

The subtract boolean will subtract the last selected (dashed) from the first, or more selected.
The alignment tool will align all previously selected objects to the last object when more than one object is selected.

3 Likes

The dotted outline shows the ‘Key Object’. When operating on multiple objects, where the operation needs to designate one of the objects as ‘special’ in some way, that will be the key object.

Boolean Subtraction and Alignment (in the ‘Design’ section) seem to be the only operations where it makes a difference right now. I haven’t done enough 3D modelling to know if it’s used there.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.