A few months ago, before I upgraded to the latest board, I discovered that adding a ground wire to my Dewalt reduced disconnects by about half.
I theorized that the electronics being at the top of the router and covered with plastic only meant the only way to really tame the beast would be to shield the yellow plastic top.
At the time, I conducted an experiment where I unrolled a copper scrub pad and made a little sock I placed over the top of the router, and made sure it came in contact with the metal body of the router.
I started and stopped the router a bunch of times, and didn’t have a disconnect.
The problem is, these copper scrubbers can unravel and fall apart, they aren’t that durable. And I did see a small bit of copper fall into the router. So I removed the copper sock and used my air compressor to blow-out the router.
It wasn’t until later that I realized a solution would be to add some foam filter material or a cotton sock UNDER the copper scrubber. Yes, it would reduce airflow. But honestly at the rates we run these things, probably still quite safe. There are people that use cotton socks already because they cut aluminum and want to keep chips out of the router.
I haven’t been cutting anything because I’ve been busy w/ other work, but my house is like desert dry so I have been watching this thread for ideas in case I start getting disconnects if and when I do cut something.
BUT IN THE MEANTIME, someone should get a small ankle sock out of their wife’s sock drawer, pickup some copper scrubbers, and cable tie that over the top of the router and see if it helps.
If someone tries this, please post-back w/ your results.
There are variations of this solution, like painting the inside of the plastic cover w/ conductive paint. Or building a small box that could sit over the top of the router (providing a little dog house).
I have lots of ideas, just very little time to try stuff.