Did anyone ever actually fix there disconnect issues

Did anyone ever actually fix there disconnect issues or did they just get tired of dealing with it and buy 3rd party controller.

I did end up solving mine. It took a combination of an AC line filter on the router, grounding the spindle mount, a usb isolator and rerouting the usb cable completely away from everything else. Carbide 3D support supplied me with the AC line filter, usb isolator and the grounding cable for the spindle. They also worked with me over the space of 4 months or so because the disconnect issue was inconsistent. I have been running now for a month or so with no issues.

Edit: I checked and it actually was about 2 1/2 months of back and forth

1 Like

So where did you place the line filter? I have already done all of the suggestions out there and have my controller power and PC on a pure sinewave UPS and still have disconnects. Everything is grounded also.

Router > AC filter > Power

1 Like

Quite a while back. A USB isolator and power conditioning surge protector did it for me.

1 Like

I used about 100 feet of unshielded copper strand wire to ground my plexiglass enclosure and the x and y carriages. I also ran the wire completely around the vacuum hose and through the vacuum hose to a ground buss bar. The buss bar was run to the ground on the ac circuit and another to through the dust collection hose all the way to the dust collection motor.
So far, no disconnects.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.