Dimensions of Shapeoko XXL

I just purchased a Shapeoko XXL I’m super excited! I’m new to CNC and wood working honestly. I’ve done little projects and things, but i’m wanting to build a table for it before it arrives. What are the final build dimensions of the Shapeoko XXL?

We have a note on the this at: Shapeoko CNC Router, Rigid, Accurate, Reliable, and Affordable — for the XXL:

Footprint: 45”W x 40-1/2”L x 16”H

The community has some further notes at: Shapeoko CNC Router, Rigid, Accurate, Reliable, and Affordable

note that the electronics enclosure projects from the left extrusion, overhanging these dimensions to the left slightly (~2 5/8″) — one should also add room for wiring and cables

Exact measurements for an enclosure would be 47.375″ wide and 45.5″ deep.

and we have a note on the spacing of the feet at: Adjustable feet spacing on S03 XXl - #2 by Isolocin

I hope this helps! Please let us know if there’s anything else which we can do for you!

3 Likes

So do you think a 50"x48" table top would be sufficient, i plan on building a place for a PC under it and putting a monitor stand off the side?

That should work, but in addition to the machine and computer one wants to arrange / account for:

• dust collection
  • space to lay out stock and prep it for cutting
  • a separate space for cut pieces
  • any tools needed for post-processing the pieces such as a deburring tool
  • easily accessible storage for collets and endmills and the associate wrenches and so forth
  • measurement tools
  • a (wireless) numeric keypad is a great way to jog the machine
1 Like

Some great ideas, i’ll probably need to make it a bit larger then. I plan on building some sort of shop vac boot. And probably an enclosure around it(eventually) to cut down noise.

I purchased the dewalt router with it. I also work for a company that owns hardware stores and can get router bits near cost. What are some college and endmills I should pick up to get started with. I plan on only cutting wood at the moment.

The community has notes on collets and sources at: https://www.shapeoko.com/wiki/index.php/DWP611#Collets_and_Nuts

Notes on router bits at: https://www.shapeoko.com/wiki/index.php/Endmills#Router_Bits

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.