Disaster with Carbide Create 4

Thanks… I did flatten the bed.

Thanks… I edited my post a little. I sent you an email with more detail.

I haven’t tried 416.

1 Like

Might be useful to leave the workpiece on the table so you can troubleshoot without risking another piece. Either that or run without an endmill / dry run

1 Like

Great idea, I did a run without material with no problem.

I haven’t removed the material from the last failed run so I can use that set up. Thanks.

That sounds like the problem I reported but I use VCarve with Carbon Motion 412, for the past 4 days the machine appears possessed and I’m still waiting to resolve. I contacted support and currently waiting for a phone call, I even sent an email to Vectric support but I doubt that it is a VCarve issue. I tried to resave the toolpaths, changed a few parameters but it still crashes. I tried with a different computer running CM, same thing, it crashes the endmill into my project. I checked that my belts and V wheels were tight. I checked my toolpaths with CAMotics and everything looks fine. I thought it was one file with a particular toolpath at the beginning but this morning I reran a project I did last week successfully and without any issue but this morning the Shapeoko made a number of mistakes while executing the same files. As a result, I don’t want to start anything because I’m tired of making expensive firewood while wasting hours.