Does anyone order their wood?

Where at in MD?
I know a guy in Sykesville who’s pretty fantastic.

1 Like

I live right off of 301 by Dahlgren in VA. I’ve been to https://maryland-select.com/. he is usually running decent pricing, for the area. Only problem is he is only open Thurs to Saturday.

1 Like

For exotic(especially thin stock) I have been going to Cormark International(cormarkint.com).

1 Like

Bell Forest is excellent for exotic woods. Rockler or Woodcrafters (both chains) are the other alternatives I use. There is a mailing/shipping fee so it is not cheap if you want a load.

1 Like

Up here in the Northeast we still have some sawmills left, but it seems we’re loosing at least one/year. The remaining exotic wood places are at least an hour drive and to get the best prices you have to be able do your own sawing/ surfacing to get it ready for use.

I work mostly with thin boards (“jig saw stock”) and you can get them at Rockler or Woodcraft, but I find the selection hit or miss and they are often pretty warped–I usually call ahead and they’re reputable enough that they’ll actually give me the condition of the boards over the phone to save a trip.

That said I like ordering from Ocooch for what they call “project ready wood.” Good selection and good quality. Not super speedy but not bad. Cut exactly to spec per order.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.