Does this mean my ball nut is toast?

Well, in the manual it just says oil ball nut and that doesnt do anything for me.

what would next steps be? any guesses?

Please let us know about this at support@carbide3d.com and we will do our best to work through this with you.

1 Like

Emailed yah, thank you

What do you have going on with your stepper there?

It’s a clearpath servo with silicone on it to prevent coolant ingress

1 Like

Hey Matt do you think a grease nipple could be added to the port and it be accessible with the Z axis installed if there were an access hole drilled somewhere?

I can’t make out where the port is on the video.

1 Like

I don’t see a port on my ball nuts to put oil in.

Is it under the ball nut mount?

it looks like there is a threaded hole on the round section of the flange that should have a grub screw where you can fill it with a syringe.

Axiom maintenance video shows how they engineered easy access grease points that I hope Carbide implements one day.

1 Like

This was the ticket, thanks Able

1 Like

glad it helped clear the debris from the bearing. Is there enough room for a grease fitting to be installed and used so a tubing setup could be installed to remotely oil the bearings like the Dmc 2 uses?

5 minutes 15 seconds in shows what I am hoping will work.

1 Like

That’s interesting, I think the fit is loose for some reason.

The fit? That’s not really a thing

I’ll definitely be doing this, gotta finish some parts but it’ll get the works once I’m done.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.