Don't Spoil your Spoil Board!

Evening all,

Long time reader first time poster :slight_smile:

Was about to do my first ever cut on the SO3 XXL and came across this article, thought I would share, apologies if this is old hat but I had not seen it before so thought it was worth sharing!.

Common sense wins every time lol - just wish I had thought of it …

Don’t Spoil Your Spoil Board

Thanks

Sherpa

2 Likes

I’ve been known to use 1/8" MDF “shims” under a workpiece when I know I need better penetration than .001" to ensure a good cut all the way through. I made a bunch of 1" squares and use them under clamp points. This leaves a healthy gap underneath the part. This assumes your material is pretty flat and can support itself though.

1 Like

I’m coming from a shop where the Spoil board was replaced on a bi-weekly time line and the was no need for it . We had a Vacuum hold down system and once you learn your machine then you should be able to cut through your material at the proper depth consistently. Someone changing a tool and not zeroing out the Z-height will put a stop to may a thing.
Waste boards on these machines can be very time consuming so I’m sure many people take alot of time and care in maintaining them.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.