Drag Knife - Maybe?

A friend of mine gave this to me to try with my plotter fixture.

This looks like a drag knife but is smaller than any I have seen.It is about the size of an X-actor knife but with a very small blade that is spring loaded (it retracts about 1/8") and rotates.

No brand name or other indications. Anyone know what this called ?

I tried it out on a simple star using 24 lb paper and it cut out the design cleanly.

Thanks, Bill

Frisket knife? Used to see similar ones in use for cutting frisket film for air brushing.

Swivel knife would be the functionally descriptive term.

Challenges for drag knives are mounting and work-holding and working up suitable toolpaths.

Some notes at:


This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.