Duplicate items into **new** toolpaths?

I have an item with associated toolpaths. What I want to do is duplicate it, BUT have that new item have its own toolpaths, so that I could enable or disable the new item independent of the original.

‘Duplicate Selected’ will let you either create an item without toolpaths, OR using the existing toolpaths. I can of course just re-create the toolpaths from scratch on the new items, but that gets tedious very quickly as the number of vectors goes up. Same with ‘Duplicate Toolpath’, assigning vectors to the new toolpath gets very tedious.

Using Toolpaths assigned by layer doesn’t work well, since the operations involve both pockets and contours, so I’d need a bunch of duplicate geometry - pockets and contours don’t play well together on the same layer.

Any other ideas on how this could be done?

Try saving two copies of your c2d with different names. Open one and move your design to a clean area. Then import the second copy of your c2d.

1 Like

I would create the duplicate, Unselect original, move new to it’s location. Select tool path with original, edit, select current vectors, click on new “duplicate” while holding shift key. It will deselect, Select change vectors. New path will not include “duplicate”

1 Like

Create the duplicate geometry. Don’t “Keep toolpath links”
Now leave the new duplicate geometry selected, and duplicate the toolpath. “Use Selected Vectors”

2 Likes

The figures in question have three toolpaths associated with them. The toolpaths don’t all use all the same vectors. Recreating the toolpaths is what I’m trying to avoid.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.