Dust Collection Ideas

Hum, that would give me a bit more “stretch” in hose travel. I’ll check it out.

I work for the phone company here in Connecticut and they use lacing in the Central Offices. Looking at that is amazing - it’s a work of art!

1 Like

I worked for Sun Microsystems and Oracle. Many of the customers were the big phone companies and in the central offices and pops they used the linen wax ties. Unfortunately computer systems need to be serviced. I have had to cut a lot of linen thread over the years.

2 Likes

Probably easier (and kinder on the environment) than zip ties.

And much kinder on the skin and blood supply of engineers coming after you, leaving the cut ends of cable ties to cut open those following you should attract a special kind of punishment…

2 Likes

Looks good. I’ve struggled with the same problem. Your idea looks like a winner.

I believe the period in human history before the wire tie, was call the “Dark Ages”. Most deaths at the time were attributed to tripping and falling to ones death.

3 Likes

Boy I’m gonna tell my age here but there was a time a field engineer had to probe PC boards with a meter in very narrow places. The solder points on the desecrate components protruded farther than any thing today. Many of these boards also had 110vac on them. So I’d reach into the gap scratch my hand jerk back and hit the 110vac. The people in the office would stare as I flopped around trying not to cuss. Thus the term “Funky Chicken” was born.

3 Likes

Will your telling on your self! I remember those bundles at IBM years and years ago. Then they started using that black fabric electricians tape, the type that got gooey over time. If there was a broken wire in a bundle you had to unwrap that sticky mess to rewire it! Hated the ones from our German factories they sicked the worst.

2 Likes