Dynamic Values in CC V7

Is there an article somewhere explaining how to use dynamic values in CC V-7 tool path setup. Or any other places.

It’s just math.

• (NEW) Expression evaluator in dimension entry boxes. Hit “=” after the expression to calculate.
  • (NEW) Expression evaluator can reference bottom of stock as variable “t”.

If you are using the dynamic option, just enter a math formula which describes the desired result:

• want to cut halfway through the stock?

t/2

• want to leave a 1/64" onion-skin?

t - 0.015625in

&c.

at:

I note:

Note that in Carbide Create, dimensions may be entered using math expressions (which may contain units indicated by in or mm) which are evaluated by entering = at the end, so 1in+8mm= will result in a dimension of either 1.3150in or 33.400mm depending on the current unit. The variable t may be used to reference the current stock thickness, and the expression may be left as an expression by entering it without adding the = at the end, so t/2 will result in half the current stock thickness being used, and will update dynamically when the stock thickness is changed.

Is more necessary?

I thought about giving the example that you can mix and match units, but that seemed kind of contrived.

I didn’t know “t” was a thing. Are there other parameters that exist or can be defined?

At this time, only t for stock thickness.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.