Easier Measuring in Carbide Create?

I was just wondering if there’s any way to display a ruler of some sort to the Carbide Create interface? When i’m trying to figure out some spacing or
some dimensions i find i can only do so by counting the little squares. Sometimes it’s not too bad but sometimes it gets tedious and i lose my spot, especially if i have to change the grid spacing back and forth for anything. i know if you click a shape you can see the dimensions of that shape but i feel like it would be much much better if there was a better way of measuring. thanks!

-seth

1 Like

It is very easy to change the grid spacing to suit what you are currently doing. Use the snap to grid method to fit your needed spacing without “counting the little squares.”

I tend to maintain my grid at 1/4" spacing, but have adjusted to 0.1" or 0.05" for close details.

Perhaps you are putting in mounting holes for a jig that has to screw onto your wasteboard threaded grid. Then adjust the grid to match the 2" hole spacing and just let the holes snap into place.

1 Like

Lots of discussion on this previously:

I find rulers mostly to be visual clutter if there isn’t some keyboard modifier when drawing to allow one to constrain to a given unit and/or use them for the instantiation of guides/resetting the zero in an efficient fashion which won’t interfere with drawing later

I just draw a line and set the length property to whatever distance I am looking for.

1 Like

i know how to change the grid spacing, but it can be inconvenient at times, especially when different parts aren’t always an even size or when i’m trying to squeeze multiple parts into one workpiece.

1 Like