Enclosure - minimum comfortable height

The space on the side of the machine is helpful for maintenance, hoses, cabling, etc and cleanup. It may also allow for future modifications of your machine.

For my XXL, I made a 48"x48" table. Wanted to reach the bed from both sides and front. This size left me a small side space for power strip that is connected to the Kill switch on the front corner. The small cabinet below is being repurposed for all my tools/materials needs for the router. Wheels will be added. Soon, under the table will be housing for the computer while the monitor will be on a surplus monitor swing arm. Keyboard (wireless) can sit on the front ledge. However, I’ve added a mini wireless handheld keyboard.

As for height, I needed adjustability. These legs are from a commercial laboratory table and are for ADA compliance. They can adjust the table from chair (wheelchair) height, up to over 40" for standup use. To adjust, I only have to pull up a bit and then lower down. All hydraulic. Capacity of them is over 500#.

The current location in our old milking barn has a very sloped floor allowing for all the washdown required when milking. Until we relevel the floor, these legs let me get the table level.

I’ve tried this. It works to keep the mess from spraying all over the room, doesn’t keep down the dust very well. I used a shower curtain (because I had it), and ended up with a lot of wood and plastic chips attracted to it due tot he static electricity. A dust shoe works a lot better, but clearly sort of noisy compared to a curtain :slight_smile:

1 Like

So the back of your enclosure is 5’ 3/4" (or so) tall, not including the wheels?

I was thinking the curtain in addition to a dust boot. Mostly for stopping noise. Maybe I’ll give it a go with something heavier, like a welding curtain, I have a couple of those I can clip up and see if the noise drops a bit.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.