Experiencing a Couple of Issues

Hey guys. After messing around with my new pro xl for the past few weeks, I’ve encountered a couple of issues I wanted to inquire about. One thing i’ve noticed is that sometimes when i leave the machine “parked” in the back left position after finishing a job, it will fail to initialize properly when i start it up next time. The Z axis will usually begin to grind and ill get a z limit switch error. If I manually move the gantry and z axis a little bit, that’s usually enough to fix it but any thoughts as to what might be causing that?

The other problem ive had a couple of times is the z axis plunging straight into the waste board after finishing a job instead of retracting up. I’ve been experimenting a lot trying to learn the optimal feeds/speeds for a given material and while mostly everything is working as it should, a few times I’ve had the z plunge down instead of up. Thanks to anyone who can offer a little advice.

Please contact us at support@carbide3d.com and we will do our best to assist.

I had a similar issue like the first you described. Mine was due to an intermittently failing x limit sensor. You can test this easily. After you run a job, just before the carriage returns to the parked position, pause the job in CC. Take a metal object and place it near the sensor. If it fails to light red, then you’ve got a bad switch and it needs replaced. The connections inside could become loose with excessive vibrations or other forces such as a hose bumping into it, as was my case.

I had this from time to time or it just states an error occurred and stops.
What I did was lower the Z access before restarting and all was fine from there.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.