Explode option (for multi-node vectors)

It would be nice after importing a dxf or svg to be able to “explode” it rather than having to break each node separately. Particularly on a drawing that has a lot of nodes. It’s a rather common feature (button/operation) on a lot of CAD software and I would hope fairly easy to implement (though I’m not a software programmer/coder so I could be mistaken).

1 Like

Do you mean the “cut vector” option? I don’t know why but I didn’t discover that until this weekend. I could not figure out why trim vectors would not do what I wanted so I went digging and found it.

Yes, multi select on cut vector would be handy.

The earlier case I was describing is that I would put a line through a vector and then use the trim command. It would trim the line but not the vector it crossed. I was looking for a way to bisect some geometry.

1 Like

Yes, but to for all nodes of a vector vs right clicking on every node and then selecting “cut vector”. It’s tedious and time consuming on a drawing that has lots of nodes on lots of vectors that need to be separated.

1 Like

Agreed. Nice if you select with a bounding box though. Then you can pick a subset of all by just choosing what to highlight.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.