Feature Request: More Toolpath Zero Options

Specifically I would like to have “center-right” as an option, but it seems logical to support the four corners, all four center edges, and center for a total of 9 options instead of the current 4, as I have seen other requests for the other missing 5 zero options in this forum.

Why? Well virtually all of my work is done using the official Carbide 3D “Low Profile Vice” installed in my Nomad Pro, using the vice’s fixed block on the right hand side. So when I get to Meshcam, I set my program zero to center-right and zero my machine in Carbide Motion to the center of the vice’s fixed block. That way no matter what sized material I’m using, I never have to re-zero my machine as long as I center my material on the Y-axis of the vice before tightening the clamp. However, when I want to use Carbide Create, I have to unbolt my vice, spin it around 180 degrees, and re-zero my machine to the new location of the vice’s fixed block, since center-left is the only one of the four available zero options that makes sense using the official vice with variable sized materials in order to avoid having to re-zero the machine in Carbide Motion for every job. I can’t keep it in this left-facing configuration all the time either as the left side is very hard for me to reach and see in my layout. Doing this workaround isn’t impossible, but it’s definitely a hassle when you’re doing it multiple times a day like me, so I avoid using CC if possible.

Fingers crossed the CC devs see this and take pity on us special use-cases! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also have a request I thought of yesterday.
In some programs there is a little eye icon you can click on that makes that aspect of what you are working on disappear from view off the screen. There are times the screen is too busy or items are too close to select individually and this function would make it easier to work with.
I know you have the disable feature but the lines are still there.
This will also help if you started a project and come back to it later and you forget exactly what you have done so far.

1 Like

We actually have that on the Layer palette (press “L” in a recent version of Carbide Create).

It’s a good idea to have the same visual indicator in the Toolpath Pane though, but I’m not sure we can spare the space — will put it in as a feature request.

I hope I remember that the next time I need it.
Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.