Feature request: Undo button for "zero all"

… hit zero all instead of zeroing only the Z by accident…
would be great if there was an undo on that mistake…

1 Like

Hope you got out of it and still had a reference to your WCS origin.
A good tip when several files and tools are to be used on the same piece, is to make a note of your machine positions when you have set your work positions.
When X & Y is at 0.0 write down machine positions.

I opened a similar thread Saving a X,Y,Z Location

It sounded like the ability to save a location is in development and I think that would be a huge feature.

I haven’t found a way to write down a position as in motion the location is relative to it’s zero if you re-zero, that point is no longer relevant.

I ordered the BitSetter new addition yesterday… that should obsolete most of the problem in the first place

3 Likes

Wow - I somehow missed this - I think I need this!

1 Like

If you accidentally change your Z zero (or XY), you’ll have to reset it (probe, paper, eyeball), even with the bitsetter.

3 Likes

Was this ever added as an option? Just messed up and did something similar to the OP. I was going to make one more .005 deep pass to clean everything up, but accidentally hit “Clear Offsets” I believe when clicking on “SET ZERO” – my stupid mouse double clicks quite often when I only pressed it once.

If you were setting zero, just set zero again.

The place I set X/Y/Z zero from was already carved out from the first run. I was just trying to lower the bit .005 or so and zero and run another pass. Not a huge deal, I left the project “as is” rather than trying to guesstimate where 0 was and mess everything up; I was just curious if this was ever implemented as a new feature :slight_smile:

I see. You were just setting the Z.
The offsets are stored on the controller, not the computer. An “undo” wouldn’t be as simple as it might sound.
The real question is why the “clear offsets” button exists at all.

I found out (finally) one reason why it exists: Bitsetter. If you’ve installed Bitsetter, but need to use a bit that won’t physically fit on that little button (a 1" flattening bit), then you have to disable Bitsetter in the settings.

Well, Bitsetter has those offsets that will screw with your Z-zero even if you’ve disabled it. The solution was the Clear All Offsets button.

3 Likes

I second that request, for those who have locating pins, jigs etc. the ability to load a zero location from a config file that goes with that workholding would be very useful.

G28 & G30 can be used for that.
Can of worms following…G55-G59 WCS can be used.

Untested, but tool length offsets are temporary (in grbl) and are not stored in the controller’s memory across power cycles or resets. Not sure if CM is storing something, though.

Anyone near a machine today able to catch the log output on pressing “clear offsets”? I’d assume just a G10L2X0Y0Z0