Been chipping away at this, bit-by-bit for close to a year. Finally made the vinyl logo today, which was the last thing on my to-do list (the machine is still setup for vinyl cutting in the photos). I’m pretty happy with how it turned out, and it reduced noise IMMENSELY. I can now keep running projects well into the night without waking up the neighbors!
- Shapeoko Pro XL + BitRunner + BitZero
- Shop Vac: Festool CT15 + Dust Deputy
- Tablet: Fusion5 + Arkon Heavy Duty Arm
- Pendant: Rii
- LED Light Kit from IKEA
- Lots and lots of 3D printed parts.
- “Noise Damping” liner is just cut up yoga mats from Lowe’s.
- The light inside the cabinet is switched on/off with the footswitch on the ground, and pulls current from the outlet on the shop vac. The shop vac turns on/off when it senses this current, making for a super convenient way of controlling it.
- The LCD on the side is a fan & temperature controller. There are two fans inside that begin to circulate air when the temperature starts getting too high (from the vacuum & router running for prolonged periods of time).