First Catchall Production Run

I am well on my way to finishing a “test” run of the attached file.

I am running the same file but only carving out the bottom row on a 24 x 5.25 piece of Walnut (1/2 of the bottom row or catchalls).

The first cut is a rough cut of the Pocket for the Catchall with .1 DOC and a .5 stepover.
The Second Cut is a Finish Cut for the Pocket running the same bit but with a .05 Stepover.
We all know it’s challenging to sand the bottom of these pockets, and I want the machine to do as much of the work as possible.

My question is: Is it possible to “merge” the Rough Cutting pass with the Finish Cutting pass?
How the file works now: The machine will be doing 2 “laps” around the machine. IE cutting all the Rough Cuts and then returning to the first pocket to cut the finish pass. Can I enable the machine to do the rough cut and the finish cut on each pocket before it goes to the next pocket?

Also, why is the ART/SYF toolpath showing up in Yellow?

I am aware that the Contour cut does not go all the way through the piece.

Yellow highlighting for a toolpath indicates an error with it — it may be that there was an error, but it was resolved and the highlighting wasn’t cleared properly — if that is persistent after saving, closing, and re-opening the file, let us know and send it in to us at support@carbide3d.com and we will look into this with you.

If you can get this highlighting to occur consistently for a toolpath which is okay, please let us know step-by-step how that occurs and we will look into it.

Thank you.
The SYF toolpath is rendered in the 3D Simulation, and it is cut on the CNC machine.
I’ll try saving, closing, and reopening.

Yep, that cleared it.

No. You would have to program each pocket separately. Rough_1, Finish_1, Rough_2, Finish_2… etc…
However in this case I don’t think you’re losing too much in Rapid time since it’s just a single move between each pocket.

2 Likes

If you ask because you want to see a finished product before doing them all you could have a rough and finish for one tray and then do the rest as a group.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.