FR: allow for custom value input in the zero dialog

Problem in Carbide motion 513 and 514

within the zero dialog box, i can probe for the touchprobe hight, which will offset automatically by 25mm, or i can manually drive the tool down to the work surface, and set it to 0.

I would like to enter my own offset as the current value. every DRO on a lathe or mill can do that.

right now, i can enter the value, but it doesn’t carry outside the zero dialog box.

in addition to this, where is the touch probe height and XY offset saved, and can I edit the value? (reason, when I work on alu (or any other conductive material), i can just park the touchprobe anywhere, and probe directly on the work surface or XY reference surfaces)

can this be fixed, please?

2 Likes

dear admins, is this the wrong path for feature requests or bug reports? if so, where and how should i post them?

Go to where you want your zero to be and in the MDI send:
/G10 L20 X0Y0Z0
The XYZ zeros can be replaced by whatever values you want.

1 Like

You can also set it manually in the jog/set zero screen, you can just type the value there

2 Likes

Would be useful to understand the ‘you can just type the value there’. I have tried this, but the typed zero values didn’t appear to be recognised or used. Likely to be something I too am doing, or not doing… CM513

@fenrus That was what I was referring to: In the zero dialog, I can enter “0”, and it will become 0. If I enter a non-zero value (i.e. because I know the tool is right now xx mm up or down based on the surface or a reference plane), the value I enter is ignored. I think this is a bug, not a feature, and it would help to see it fixed, IMO

@neilferreri good to know that there is a gcode for it, but i think this should be a UI level thing, not a CLI level thing. as mentioned, my and any DRO (i.e. lathe or mill) has this as a very basic function, where you work off a set of known coordinates and do easy absolute or relative offsets.

I’ll try it again and make a screenshot but I have done this many times (as part of making inlays)

EDIT: But with the earlier versions. Will test with the beta today

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.