FS - HDZ for Shapeoko 3/XL/XXL

Just under a year ago, I purchased an HDZ Z-axis from Carbide3D. Here it is on my Shapeoko 3XL:

It had QC issues, and @Luke from C3D promptly did me right. They strangely weren’t interested in getting it back, so it’s been sitting on my shelf in its original box for some time now. I have moved on from Shapeoko and I’d like to rehome this Z-axis, if anyone wants it.

It would have to be modified, probably with press-fit bushings, for it work as intended. As I received it, someone at the factory had manually and roughly Dremeled out the bores for some reason. I assume there was a CNC programming error, but it’s anyone’s guess. The fit was very loose and the result when I tried to install it was the deformation of the faces around the holes.

Again, to be very clear, you won’t be able to use it as-is on a Shapeoko; it requires some repair work. There is a 0% chance of a square Z-axis, mounting it as-is. It might be an interesting project for the adventurous!

Here are photos of the bores where the eccentric bushings are meant to be mounted:

I am local to Los Angeles (Hollywood), but I would gladly ship. Clearly it’s not worth what a new unit would cost, and I would accept any reasonable offer.

Hi David

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It should have been collected. I will talk with support to get this picked up. Please DM me if you don’t get a label by the end of day today.

Thanks

Luke